Types of Fitters for your Lampshade


  Custom Round Shade
  Custom Drum Shade
  Custom Oval Shade
  Custom Pendant Shade
  Custom Chandelier Shade
  Custom Square Shade
  Custom Rectangle Shade
  Custom Half Square Shade
  Custom Half Round Shade
  Custom Oversized Shade
  Custom Oval Cut Corner
  Custom Chandelier Surround
  Custom Photo Shade
  Gift Certificates
  --Ordering Swatches--
  --Find Expected Ship Date--


  Shade Shapes and Types
  Shade Measuring
  Attachment/Fitter Types
  Gift Certificates


  NEW Custom Softback
  NEW Inventory Softback
  Square/Rect Softback
  Round/Oval Softback
  Chandelier Softback
  Pleated Softback
  Prestige Fabric Softback
  Designer Linen Softback
  100% Silk Softback
  SoftBack Shade Repair


  All Glass Shades
  Glass - 2 1/4" Fitter
  Glass - 3 1/4" Fitter
  Glass - 4" Fitter
  Glass - 10" Fitter
  Glass - Colored
  Glass - White
  Glass - Bells
  Glass - Cones
  Glass - Half Domes
  Glass - Globes
  Glass - Wall Sconces
  Glass - Unique Shapes
  Glass - Etched

What Type of Shade Fitting Do You Need?
In addition to the size of the shade, you’ll also need to know what type of fitter your lamp uses to attach the shade to the lamp body. There are several types of lamp fitters. You can click on any image below to see a larger version.

Spider and Washer with Harp – This is the most common type of fitting for table and floor lamp shades. It comes in two varieties. Industry Standard 1/2" washer and (for specific applications) Standard 1/2" washer with a cut out.

  • Standard 1/2" Washer
  • Cut Washer

Uno – Attaches to the socket below the light bulb. The UNO fitter is a 'pressure fit' onto the brass socket (no clamping nut on threads). Comes in a threaded (for pendants) and non-threaded (for table lamps).

  • Uno
  • NOTE: A Typical UNO Socket

Euro – Attaches to the socket below the light bulb. The Euro fitter fits over the threading and is 'clamped down' by a nut screwing over the threads. Can be a pendant or a table lamp.

  • Euro
  • NOTE: A Typical Euro Socket

Clip-On – This type comes in two sizes: (1) smaller for candle bulbs found on accent lamps and chandeliers and (2) larger for the standard Edison bulbs. Clip-on lamp shades clip directly onto the light bulb with no additional hardware.

  • Flame Clip
  • Bulb (Edison) Clip

Specialty – Chimney Rings (made to sit over/around tall glass chimneys) and Reflector Bowl Notches (made to sit on top of glass reflector bowl) can also be manufactured. Please notate the diameter or give us a call to discuss.

  • Chimney Ring
  • Reflector Bowl Notches

Help with Lamp Shades
If you have any questions on Fitter Types, if you don't see what you believe you need in the list above, or if you need help measuring or deciding on a style? Call us at 866.231.JACK (5225)